Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

In the name of Vanity...

Ragazze,

Ophelia, what a brilliant lunch! I was so happy to see you again! I can’t wait till Paris!

Rose, in my Italian-craze, I discovered this morning on my way to meet O…that Santa Maria Novella has a boutique in New York!!! My feet were hurting in my attempt to wear heels more often (why of why!) and my umbrella kept getting carried away by the rain and wind (an umbrella should never be an expensive investment…they either break, get lost or get stolen…), but when I saw that sign on Lafayette St. I knew I had to walk on in the name of vanity!!

Why am I telling you this you may wonder?!? Well…The Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella is likely the most unique skin-care line in the world! Very modest in appearance, it is a literal gold mine for extraordinary…call them ‘miraculous’…skin-care products! Established by Dominican Fathers in Firenze in 1221 it was in part made famous by the ‘essences’ or ‘eau de cologne’ it concocted for Catherine de Medici (hmmm Queen of France none the less…) in the 1500s!

Now again…why am I telling you this?? I know Santa Maria Novella products quite well… I discovered them in Firenze a while back and since then I have just been ADDICTED to them. Sparsely available throughout the world…the line is incredibly exclusive and hard to find! I ignored the fact it existed in NY completely…I always relied on Italian friends…my oh my!!



Rose, get your hands on the Aqua d’Arancio…or Orange Blossom Water. It’s a miracle worker for the skin…deserving of veritable sanctification!! I actually just checked, and you have a Santa Maria Novella Boutique in L.A. too (8411 Melrose Place)!!!

The Italians have kept their beauty mysteries a secret for far too long…....

Ok back to reality…I just had to tell you my dear!

Bacci,

Flora

Photo credit:
http://www.greentouch.it/file/foto/santa-maria-novella.jpg
http://cms1.proximedia.com/files/18368/MediaArchive/Soins/693_2.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails