Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The next Aaron Sorkin? Keep dreaming Rose!

Flora,  I am so proud of you for having the courage to make one of the most difficult decisions of your life. I can't imagine what it is like to take the steps necessary to further your career, but that will ultimately separate you from your significant other.  You are an inspiration!

Ophelia, can't wait to see your pictures from your escape to the South.  P and I have been talking about taking a trip to New Orleans for so long.  I am wholeheartedly jealous :)  I'll be with you in spirit.


I don't have any exciting travels or special reunions planned, but instead I am taking my down time to tackle my first feature script.  I am not sure if I told you girls, but I have decided that I can't crack this story solo, so I have a writing partner now.  We are having weekly story meetings and so far we have made tremendous progress, which has me quite pleased.  I originally started writing the script and was actually almost half way done, when I realized that my story was completely off track.  There was so much missing that I needed to figure out (re the character development and also the beats of the story).  The second act was drastically dragging and the first act was way too short!


At the moment, I am rewriting the treatment and  have changed the main character's traits completely, and I finally feel as though this is a story worth telling!  My new partner is helping me be thoughtful of my target audience throughout the story development process.  Currently, I have the beats of Act 1 written out and I am leaving shortly for another meeting to figure out what comes next!  This entire process has been an uphill challenge and an extraordinary learning experience.

I can take all the writing classes from the greatest screen writers in the world, but nothing can compare to undergoing the process myself.  I can't wait to share my story with you girls!

xxx Rose

Photo Credit:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3557317756_796f65b144.jpg
http://www.thecreativewritingservice.co.uk/img/case/confdental.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails