Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

An Eternal Inspiration


Hello Eternal Interns,
Amid depressing internship developments, I needed to remind myself that sometimes and internship is the best thing that can happen to a girl. Sometimes it puts you right where you need to be for something great to happen, this was the case for my good friend Ashton Hearley.  Ashton is what I could call an Eternal Inspiration.  She is one of those ridiculously pretty girls with great style and a great job who most girls would love to hate!  She is also one of the sweetest, funniest, most amazing girls I know!  Ash and I were college roommates and to say we got off to a bad start is an understatement.  We fought like mad!  It wasn't until I moved to Paris that we both realized that we fought because we were too much alike!  Over lunch at Pastis a few years back, we apologized for the rumor spreading and gossiping during our university years and we have been the best of friends ever since!

So why is Ashton an Eternal Inspiration?  Because she is one smart cookie! While others were trying to figure out what to do post grad, Ashton landed herself a grueling, yet highly coveted internship working for the Queen of Television.  She struck while the iron was hot, almost as if she knew the precarious world of internships wouldn't stay the same for long (Thanks a lot, Versace!)! Some of us thought she was crazy but she stuck with it, positive it would all pay off in the end!  After a few months, a great job came up in the company and she was a shoe in!  Ashton went from intern to coordinator overnight... a true inspiration to interns out there!

So as I sit here weighing my options, I keep Ashton's tale of success in the back of my mind. You never know when the internship from hell can suddenly become your dream job!

Je t'aime, Ash!

Bisous x x x Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails