Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who's Calling, Please?


Bonjour girls!
I am now a week sans internship and for the past week, my phone has been ringing off the hook!  Why all the calls, you ask?  Well, it is an intern's dream come true... most are related to employment!  I'll explain...

First, I got an email from the fashion director at a well-known magazine asking if I could come in for an interview.  Any other day I would have been thrilled, but I applied for that internship six months ago... SIX!  I know I know, I shouldn't complain, but I mean really!?  Six months for an unpaid internship with no chance of a paid position to follow?!  I have a masters degree, I have 5 fabulous internships under my belt and I am X years old!  Enough is enough!  En plus, I don't really think I should start working for the competition less than a week after I finished at "The Fashion Magazine"!  I (politely) declined so as not to burn any bridges!  You never know...

Ensuite, I get a call from a blocked number.  I am normally an avid call screener, but I took a chance and picked it up.  To my horror and surprise it was the HR department at a company I had applied to 3 days ago!  The impromptu phone interview caught me completely off guard, but I think (and hope!) I answered the questions correctly and made a good impression.  On verra as they say!

And lastly, just yesterday, I started a freelance writing gig for a new website (Sorry Eternal Interns, I have been infidele!).  It's definitely a fun way to pass the time and to earn a few euros until my dream job comes along!  Again, I am not complaining about all the fabulous opportunities that have presented themselves, but I still feel that I must hold out for "the one"!

The phrase "Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!" seems quite fitting en ce moment!  


Gros Bisous,  Ophelia

2 comments:

  1. What a fun blog you girls have going here! Best of luck with the job search, can't it be brutal? I have a friend that has numerous internships under her belt including Vogue, Teen Vogue and Halston and she's now starting another at Elle. It's insanity---you girls all deserve top dollar! I'll be thinking positive thoughts...
    XX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog, ladies! Thanks for visiting mine. this is so much fun! will definitely tune in to your adventures!

    xoxo,
    andyquirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails