Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Bye Bye Blues!

Hello lovelies, 
As you know I have been suffering from a mean case of the winter blues (or the "reds" as Miss Golightly put it!).  The grey weather and the stress of being an Eternal Intern sans internship were really starting to get me down and so the boyfriend suggested a little weekend jaunt.  One of my earliest memories of France was a trip with my family to the beautiful town of Crillon-le-Brave in Provence.  I remember the beautiful fields of lavender, the incredible restaurant (I must have eaten 100 fondants au chocolat that week!) and the serene peace of the little village (I was a little bored as a child, not gonna lie!).  So when the boyfriend suggested we get away from it all, Provence was an easy choice!  After a quick plane ride to Avignon and a short drive, we arrived at the stunning Hotel Crillon-le-Brave and it was exactly as I remembered!  The weather was less than stellar, but who can complain when you are in one of the most beautiful regions in France?  


The hillside village of Crillon-le-Brave was the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of Paris!  As much as I love sitting in cafes and pondering my next life move, I was really starting to lose it!  Watching people rushing off to work in the morning knowing that I had rien a faire each day is super depressing!  Nevertheless, as bad as I have been feeling for myself, this trip reminded me that life as an Eternal Intern can be pretty darn fantastic!  While I may be lacking in the employment department, I more than make up for it in the fabulous experience department and this weekend was no exception!  Now, back in Paris feeling refreshed and in a more positive state of mind, I am thankful for the Eternal Freedom interning has provided and I'm ready buckle down and make things happen!  


Bye bye blues, I'm done with you!  


Bisous x x x Ophelia 




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails