Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tales from The Dark Side

Hello lovelies,
How are you today?  Any luck finding an intern, Rose?  What a role reversal!  I would be drunk on the power! haha!  Flora, how goes the apartment decorating?   Send us news!

Now ladies, I don't like to vent (actually, I love to vent!), but today I experienced the worst intern treatment in all my years as an Eternal Intern.  The ever-so-delightful-and-pleasant Victoire has really outdone herself today.  I had to pinch myself because I was sure I was trapped in a Devil Wears Prada-inspired nightmare.   Victoire the Villan arrived a whopping hour late for work ce matin with an ugly mood to match her even uglier skirt.  I tried to smile and muster up my most believable "Good Morning," but before the words could even leave my mouth she was barking out orders.  As the other girls scurried off to get coffee and open her mail, I approached cautiously.  Horror of all horrors! The evil villan threw her house keys at me and sent me to walk her yappy, ugly little dog!  Her explanation?  She overslept today and hadn't taken Filou out for his morning stroll!  I looked at her in utter disbelief and the She-Devil actually smiled!  She was entertained!  Heureusement, I was saved by the bell.  Victoire's boss was listening from the door and gave The Evil One a real talking to.  I quickly made my exit, but it went something like this: "Intern's are hired to help with the functioning of the magazine and not to run personal errands.  At X Magazine, we try to teach our interns, not abuse them."  Yeah, V! Read the company manual! ha!  Ophelia -1 Victoire - 0!


The Intern Gods were smiling down on your Ophelia ce matin.  I'm definitely not above paying my dues but a blatant misuse of assistants is both cruel and painfully retro.  Now, either Victoire is truly evil to the core or she suffered unspeakable horrors at the hands of a sadistic boss.  Should I feel sorry for her or despise her (or both!)?  I guess at the end of the day, I just have to struggle through.  As Justin Timberlake said, "what goes around comes around" and I know Victoire will get hers in the end!

Bisous x x x Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails