Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wonderful Wonderland

Dearest Eternal Interns,

How is Fashion Week in Paris ladies?  Haven't heard from you, but I am sure you are soaking up the energy of the city.  Let me know what you have been up to.  I am so terribly jealous that you guys are together in Paris right now.

This weekend is not only Oscar weekend, but you know how excited I have been for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland... well it has earned $116 opening weekend!  I couldn't be happier for Jonny Depp and Tim Burton... they have one of those relationships that works beautifully on a creative level.  Together they have provided us with the extraordinary Edward Scissorhands!  Unfortunately, I didn't' get to see Alice this weekend, but I already have my tickets booked to go see it at the El Capitan in a couple of weeks.

Well, I must run ... I have an oscar party to attend... nothing special... just a friend that is hosting with his 50" screen.  (I can't wait to have enough money to decorate my place, and a large television is definitely on the priority list.) 

3 Things that I am excited for from this years Oscars:

1) The hosts-Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin.  I absolutely love both of their works.. they are tremendous comedians and I truly believe that they will do the show justice... although I thought Hugh Jackman was spectacular last year as well.
2) Producer-Adam Shankman.  I adore his work and he had very high hopes for bringing new life to the Academy Awards.  I am extremely interested to see what will be different.
3) The Red Carpet-  I have always been a fan of the fashion at these shows.  Ophelia, I would love to get your opinion on the best and worst dressed!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
xxx Rose

3 comments:

  1. Rose. Was really looking forward to this year's telecast too. Love love love Steve Martin. Unfortunately I felt it fell flat ... both in terms of the actual program and some of the winners. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda weird that the big song and dance number had nothing to do with the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree... the hosts are hilarious but they weren't exploited to their max.

    as well.... the so you think you can dance number in the middle was a bit much from adam shankman.

    xxx rose

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails