Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just Breathe


Flora, another reason that I am a fan of unpaid internships is that most labor laws require that you either get paid or that you receive a college credit for an internship.  As companies struggle to cut down,  they are most definitely going to opt to make mandatory college credits the norm.  I dreaded this requirement during college and even post-grad for two reasons.  Firstly, it is very difficult for a post-grad to get an internship if credit is a necessity.  Second, and more important, why should I have to pay $500 for a credit in order to gain some experience! This is worse than not getting paid! Flora, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one!  
In other news... since giving my notice, I have been drowning in mixed emotions.  My boss has a new movie out and amidst all the exciting screenings, I have been doubting my epic vacation plans.   Have I made the right decision?  Is this the right time for taking some time off?   Am I completely out of my mind?

If I am honest, there is never going to be a good time to go on vacation for a workaholic such as myself!  Never! 

I have to remember that I am the same lady that vowed to live more like a European!

Now back to finalizing the million itineraries that have piled up on my desk! 

I am not only drowning in my over-analyzing tendencies that have lead to doubtful thoughts, but also the 'to-do' list that has grown exponentially longer since Monday! 
   
Must try to swim my way to a breather!

xxx Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails