Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Surfs up!

Hello ladies,
As I mentioned last week,  I had a lovely time falling back in love with the City of Lights.  The life of an intern although precarious and stressful at times, can also be quite exhilarating!  I have been able to travel to some of the most beautiful places in the world and meet the most fascinating people!  As much as I stress about Eternal Employment, what will I do when my vacation time is limited?!  haha!

As I'm sure you can imagine, things are pretty interesting in Europe en ce moment.  Grounded under the volcanic ash cloud, people have been forced to stay close to home (or find creative ways to get to their destination!).  Lucky for me, France has so much to offer without ever having to board a plane!  The boyfriend and I decided to take advantage of my friday half days and hope on a train to Biarritz for the weekend!  It is gorgeous in Paris, but my inner surfer babe was feeling a little landlock and the ocean was calling!   After a pleasant TGV ride, we arrived in Biarritz late last night!  Here's my itinerary:  Beach, Beach, Museum of Chocolate, Beach!  It's not quite "beach weather," but no one can keep me from the coast!


La Grande Plage
I adore the beach!  I am going to have a hard time leaving la Grande Plage!  The only thing Paris is lacking is a beach... 


 La Roche de la Vierge
The power of the waves crashing against the breathtaking Roche de la Vierge.  It really was so beautiful! 


Hotel du Palais 
Having never been to Biarritz, I wanted to see it as Empress Eugenie (wife of Napoleon III) did! She built the Villa Eugenie in 1854 which is now the stunning Hotel du Palais.


Biarritz is most famous for its surfing.  I myself didn't surf, but there were plenty of people out in the water and it really got me thinking.  Surfers and Eternal Interns have a lot in common.  A job is like a wave...  you wait for a good one and when it comes, you ride it as far as you can!

Bisous x x x Ophelia  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails