Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Keeping Busy

Ophelia, I'm sorry to hear about your last week at your internship.  Great things come to those who wait.  I believe that with all my heart and so I don't worry about you... not even for a minute!  You have so much to offer to any position and you will absolutely get your chance!

I have been on vacation for a few weeks now, and I am officially 100% broke!  I spent every last dime I had saved on meeting with everybody and their mother in Hollywood.  You think this is an exaggeration, but it is not.  I have had lunch and evening drinks every single day for the last month!  It definitely adds up $$$!

I am proud to announce though, that it was totally worth it!  Each person I met with put me in touch with at least two other people and so on.  It has been a wild ride and now I have a few leads.   I am hoping to get another gig assisting either a producer or my ideal job would be assisting a director.   For now, all I can do is follow up (the thank you card) and keep my fingers crossed.  In the mean time, I might get a part-time job as a receptionist somewhere and maybe intern at a couple of production offices to maintain and build my network.

Just another week as an Eternal Intern...

xxx Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails