Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Good morning ladies!  This is my last week at my internship and there is not much for me to do at work, to be honest.  Naturally, I have found a lot of time to check out trailers on imdb.

As it is officially fall, all of the best features are beginning to make their way to the big screen.  Some have just opened and others are getting ready to make their mark on the box office.  The top 5 Movies that I am most excited to see in competition for top dollars are:


Fincher's The Social Network.  This movie is such a delight for devoted fans.  Scripted by the talented Aaron Sorkin, directed by David Fincher, and with a beautiful young cast.  I am a particular fan of Brenda Song who is actually a Disney Channel star.  I think she is hilarious and so glad to see her on the big screen.

Aronofsky's Black Swan.  I am not a huge fan of Natalie Portman.  In fact, I think that her along with Hayden Christiensen ruined Star Wars, however, I am so excited about the visual elements that this movie offers.  After the reception at the Venice Film Festival, I will definitely support the opening weekend.

 Hooper's The King's Speech.  Hello?  Colin Firth!  Need I say more?  He is a legend.


 Disney's Tangled.  First of all, anything Disney I absolutely never miss.  That studio rocks my world and has since I was about 3 years old.  I am thrilled to experience Disney's take on the classic fairy tale of Rapunzel. "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair..."


Inarritu's Biutiful.  This is a foreign language film, but Javier Bardem has so much buzz surrounding his role that I am extremely intrigued.  It looks a bit too intense for the sake of being intense for my taste, but I am always interested in seeing acting at its finest. 


I suppose I better get back to looking busy.  Oh the sweet life of an EI.

Ophelia, how was/is #LFF?
Flora, I am dying to visit NYC!  How is the weather these days?  I have to get around to looking at flights, which I absolutely cannot afford :-\  Where there is a will there is a way.

xxx Rose

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Oscar's Best Picture category ... well, all except TANGLED. When is the Academy finally going to let an animated film win ... Heck, if WALL-E or UP didn't win.... Am I right?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails