Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 here we come!

Girls! So nice to hear from you and I’m so happy to hear your Christmases were a blast! As for me, I’ve had a wonderful holiday, and sadly tomorrow = back to the reality of a snow covered Manhattan…boohoo!

What’s awesome though, is that this year it’ll just be me and el novio spending NYE together! No plans, no fuss, no parties, no nothing – just the two of us. Since I just started work a few months ago and he’s still working on finishing his MBA (and paying off those horrible MBA bills) we’ve decided to ring in the New Year in a calmer way this year.

My plan is…I’m going to surprise him and prepare our fave meal, a cheese fondue (I know... not insanely elaborate!), get some good bubbly, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for desert and just have a quiet, fun, cozy night! I’ve gotten the typical NYE corny hats, party accessories and such, just to add a little fun!

I guess it’s true, the older you get, the more you appreciate the simple things life throws your way. In all honesty nothing could make me happier this year than to spend NYE solo with him. It just seems perfect! I’m also thinking 2011 is going to be a great year! 2010 has been awesome for me, but I see a lot of god things happening in 2011! I don’t have any fixed resolutions (regardless, I always break them!). All I’m hoping for is happiness!

Oh girls, look at the time, I must jet…today’s my last full day of holiday L  But, if I don’t get to chat prior to tomorrow evening (I’ll be busy cooking back home!), then HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! And speak to you in 2011… Rose, Ophelia: get ready, 2011 is going to be amazing for us, I can feel it! Raises your glasses tomorrow night and cheers to that!

Flora xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails