Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Fashion Intern

Dearest girls,
I bet you are wondering what has become of your friend Ophelia...  I have been working like a beast!  This job is literally consuming my life!  In the past 4 days we have had meetings at ChloeGiambattista Valli and John Galliano!  Coming up we have Balenciaga, Nina Ricci, Sonia Rykiel, Marc by Marc Jacobs and more.  And as if that wasn't enough, tomorrow we go to Lanvin!  I pretty much spend the entire time drooling over the gorgeous clothes which I get to manhandle to my heart's content and then purchase vicariously through my boss.  The (wholesale) prices are staggering, but it is mind-boggling to think that in a few months women will be taking the pieces I helped choose off the racks and buying them at insane retail prices!  Oh the world of fashion!

Anyway, I am so exhausted every day (each day is about 12 hours!) and haven't had a second to do anything (no weekends!), but it is nice to be busy again.  How many months did I sit around doing nothing?  haha!  What else can I tell you?  Oh... my bosses!  They are difficult, to say the least.  That said, I work with the most lovely American girl (Ginny) and I am having a blast with her!  We make the most of a mean situation and spend the entire day laughing at fashion related inside jokes!  I'd be lost without her!

Well my lovelies, I must get some rest.  I have a huge huge huge day tomorrow (four appointments compared to our usual two or three!) so I will be on the go until late tomorrow night.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Sending you both lots of love!

Bisous xx Ophelia

PS.  Did I mention that I am off to Milan on Sunday?  Yes, my first business trip is to Milano!  Molto bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails