Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Intern Power Struggle

Hi girls!
Rose, my love, keep your head up!  Good things are surely heading your way.  But if you need lessons in being a dude, I hear Flora is a beer pong champion!  

I hate to complain but I have a problem and you are not going to believe what (who!) is getting me down... MY INTERN!  Yes, I have an intern and she is a pain in the ass!  Her name is Melanie and since she started this week (my boss hired her while I was away, more on that later!) she has not stopped making my life difficult.  I could really teach her a thing or two about interning because this girl is a nightmare!  She arrives late everyday (if at all!), she disappears early and the other day she told me I SHOULD WORK FOR HER!  Ummm no!  I paid my dues, girlfriend!  haha!  I am trying not to lose it because I, more than anyone at work, understands the plight of the intern - but man oh man, she is not making it easy on me!  

Anyway, Melanie was hired while I was away last weekend.  My boss gave me Monday off so I decided to head down to the Ile de Ré to visit a dear friend of mine, Kurt, who has a fab house on the beach!  He is a year-round resident so it was so nice to learn the ins and outs from a true local.  Kurt is actually American, from NYC, but made the Ile de Ré his home 7 years ago.  Quelle chance!  It did me a world of good to get away from my boss (aka my neighbor!) and the hustle and bustle of Paris.

After a restful long weekend you can imagine my surprise when I arrived at work on Tuesday morning to find an intern snooping through my stuff!  I think I'm going to have to put her in her place once and for all.  If I don't, I may end up interning for her!  haha!  

Bisous xx Ophelia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails